Sunday, July 25, 2010

The beginning of the end.

So this fall will begin my last year at UNCG. I have some very fond memories and some that I'd like to forget, but that's the beauty of it all. I've made some of my best friends and enemies at school. I've learned to live on my own (for the most part) and be somewhat self sufficient. I'm ready to get out there and teach music. I love music and my vision has not changed since I've been at school. I've never changed my major or course of study. I had already decided a long time ago that music is what I was going to do with my life. I think the exciting part of this final year will be wrapping it all up and putting some finality to the experience. College has been fun and one day I'll return to academia to get another degree (maybe two more, God willing) but for now I'm ready to finish the last year and get a job with a salary. If you're reading this, perhaps you've had some sort of influence in my collegiate career and I thank you for that.

Keep the faith and be steadfast in your goals, visions, and dreams. Just remember, if I had listened to some critics, I would not be here. This is no goodbye letter, just a thank you to the people who have made it all worth while. Thank you to my brothers in Phi Mu Alpha. Thanks to Dr. Askew for being my constant mentor and thanks to my family for all the love and support.

Indebted,
JS

No comments:

Post a Comment